Develop Your Confidence in the Mountains
From planning and preparation to hazards and emergency procedures, Mountain Training’s Mountain Skills Course will provide you with the confidence and skills to step off the beaten track and safely enjoy the higher mountain areas of the UK and Ireland.
Over two exhilarating days, the RAW team will teach you the skills and techniques required to enjoy mountain walking in your own time, or take the first step to becoming a Mountain Leader. In the stunning setting of Snowdonia, North Wales, you’ll be given plenty of time to put your learning into practice and experience first-hand what makes mountain environments unique. If you’d like to learn mountain skills in another UK location, we can arrange a bespoke group training day - get in touch to discuss your requirements.
What you’ll learn
As an accredited Mountain Training provider, all RAW leaders are subject to a rigorous training and assessment process and undertake continued personal development to ensure our skills and experience are up to date. The two day course will cover the following:
- Planning – how to successfully plan a walk in the mountains in the UK or Ireland.
- Walking skills – what things should you consider while out walking and what can make life easier (pace, nutrition, movement skills, steep ground etc.).
- Clothing and equipment – being suitably dressed and equipped can make the difference between a great day out and a complete disaster.
- Weather – how it affects the mountains and your day out.
- Navigation in the mountains – everything from selecting a compass and using a map to navigation in poor visibility and an intro to GPS.
- Environmental knowledge – how to minimise your impact on the hill, information on good practice and useful organisations.
- Hazards and emergency procedures in the mountains – how to respond to any hazards you encounter and what to do in an emergency.
Book Online or contact us to find out more
|Two (2) days
|30-31 Mar 2024 *NO SPACES REMAINING*
27-28 Apr 2024
1-2 Jun 2024
29-30 Jun 2024
27-28 Jul 2024 *NO SPACES REMAINING*
31 Aug – 1 Sep 2024
19-20 Oct 2024 *NO SPACES REMAINING*
|£155.00 per person (1:6 ratio)
|Snowdonia, North Wales (NW)