Do you love running? Do you love to run in wide, open spaces, and would love to see yourself running more on hilly trails and in the mountains of the UK?
We can help with increasing confidence, knowledge, fitness and technique. It is no secret we are lovers of mountains and #TeamRAW Kate loves to run...what a perfect combination! If you have a long-term running ambition you’re training for, or if you want to tick off a favourite route or summit, Kate can help with planning and guiding.
Support can also be provided for working towards specific long-distance routes, including route recces and gaining mileage and benefit from longer, well-planned training runs. Or maybe you’re transitioning from road and trail running and want to head out for longer, higher and more remote run routes?
And that’s just the start...
RHEDEG MYNYDD GWYLLT * WILD MOUNTAIN RUNNING
As much as Kate doesn’t like ‘labels’, Kate is a runner! She has enjoyed the benefits of this simple sport for over 25 years and has run in races from 5k to 50 miles – in urban, rural, trail and mountain environments.
As well as running from every previous address in London and the South East, and a brief time living and working in the Lake District, enjoying running from her door in Grasmere, Kate ran more and more in the mountains upon moving to North Wales; mainly because ‘they were there’ and it’s ground she was comfortable on already.
It felt completely natural to start moving faster and further in terrain that already felt familiar. And this is where Kate can help others; to enjoy longer running days in terrain they may be less familiar with and input on technique, skills and training that will help build confidence and knowledge about running on and off trail in hilly and mountainous terrain.
Kate loves exploring mountainous places on foot – walking or running. As well as an experienced and confident Mountain Leader in summer and winter, she is also a British Athletics Fell and Trail Leader in Running Fitness (FT LiRF) having completed a Fell Runners Association course and is working towards her Fell and Trail Coach in Running Fitness qualification (FT CiRF) when public courses commence again.
Kate has enjoyed competing in traditional fell and mountain races in Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Ireland since 2010. As part of local running club, Eryri Harriers, she has run in busy British Championship Fell Races, as well as low-key, smaller races in unfamiliar terrain, using her navigational skills to quest on in poor weather and maintain pace and personal safety well.
Recently, Kate guided various groups in all sorts of weather on a series of Dragon's Back Race® Recce Events across Wales. She was also part of a guiding support team that helped an amazing team of women become the first group of runners to complete 185 miles of the magnificent Outer Hebrides’ Hebridean Way, in less than 5 days -a current Fastest Known Time completion. Kate has helped runners to recce and enjoy sections of the Bob Graham Round, Joss Naylor Lakeland Challenge, Ullswater Way, Yorkshire 3 Peaks, Lakeland 3000s and variations of the Edale Skyline. And closer to home, Kate has also guided many individuals and groups on the magnificent Welsh 3000s and Paddy Buckley Round mountain routes in North Snowdonia – keeping fast and light for maximum efficiency. And then there’s the fun in creating our own journey ideas!
Contact us now to discuss your ideas, or let us inspire you...
Running and Racing Experience
- Traditional, long mountain and fell races – relying on self-navigation and mountain skills: Ras Pedol Peris, Welsh 1000m Peaks Race, Ras y Moelwyn, Ras Cwm Pennant, Buttermere Horseshoe, Great Lakes Race, Seven Summits – Mourne Mountains, Trigger Race – Peak District
- Snowdon International Mountain Race – Fastest Local Female
- Inaugural Scafell Sky Race – 4th Female
- Inaugural Snowdonia Ultra Trail Marathon – 5th Female
- RAB Mountain Marathon – 2nd Female Solo Long Score
- Marmot Dark Mountains night mountain marathon – 1st Female Team Long Score
- Marathon Eryri/Snowdonia Marathon
- Ultra Trail Wales – 50 miles
- Winter Munros
- Guiding on Dragon's Back Race® Event Recces
- Support Guiding on a Fastest Known Time completion of the Hebridean Way for a running team – Oct 2019
- Recces for Paddy Buckley and Bob Graham Rounds and more
- Running in Live, Work and Breathe film by FilmUpHigh (2015)
- Running in BMC Women in Adventure film by FilmUpHigh (2016)
Guided Running Costs 1:1
For other group sizes, objectives and logistics – let’s discuss ideas and a personal plan – contact us now.
- Pre-event advice and support, Event Notes and Kit List
- Mountain safety equipment and risk assessment
- Route planning and contingencies
- Qualified Mountain Leader/Running Guide
- RAW Adventures or Climb Snowdon ‘Headwear’
- Local transport from accommodation if needed
- Maps to borrow if needed
- Complimentary ‘panad a cacen/tea and cake’ post-run
- Professional Liability Insurance
- 10% Off Voucher – to use against a future booking