Ultra-Trail Snowdonia by UTMB®
OFFICIAL UTS RECCE DAYS
RAW Adventures are delighted to be working with Ultra-Trail Snowdonia by UTMB to enhance your Eryri running experience. RAW Adventures are providing the Official UTS Recce Days for all four race distances at UTS; the UK’s only UTMB World Series event.
By attending an Official UTS Recce Day you will increase your confidence and skills in moving efficiently through the most technical and challenging sections of each race route. Official UTS Recce Days are not just ‘training runs’; you will spend time working with experienced RAW Run Guides to increase your current knowledge and skills, as well as discovering the best of mountain running in Eryri.
ERYRI 25K (distance 25km/1300m +)
UTS 50K (distance 55km/3300m +)
UTS 100K (distance 103km/6400m +)
UTS 100M (distance 168km/9500m +)
All Official UTS Recce Days cover key sections of each race route – the routes have been chosen with a focus on technical ascents and descents, remote terrain where navigation can be challenging and areas of the route that will likely be undertaken in the dark. From experience, these are areas where runners can lose pace and time. By covering these sections on a recce it will help to build strength and resilience over exciting and challenging terrain and give you extra confidence on race day. Through focusing on a range of ‘mountain skills’ and race strategies, Official UTS Recce Days by RAW Adventures can help increase your enjoyment and chances of completion.
RAW Adventures’ team of Run Guides have extensive knowledge and experience of mountain running in Eryri. They can help to hone your ‘mountain running skills’, route and race knowledge, kit organisation, offer nutrition strategies, and build confidence and technical ability. All of these are vital in preparation for your UTS experience. RAW Run Guides have either competed in UTS and similar UK trail races, or worked with UTS runners on previous recce days; with many years of experience guiding and instructing in the mountains of Eryri; in all terrains and in all weathers.
Official UTS Recce Days are open to registered participants in UTS 2024
Official UTS Recce Days
Official UTS Recce Days costs include:
- 1-3 Run Guides per group, depending on group size/terrain
- Expert UTS route knowledge and advice
- Attendance from key UTS staff where possible
- Helpful skills and strategy input, technical advice and guidance
- Transport logistics and costs to accommodate linear routes if needed
- Group safety equipment and communications
- Experienced planning to ensure the best routes are achieved in forecasted conditions
- Copies of all photos taken by RAW Run Guides
- Superb running experiences in Eryri with other UTS participants!
Official UTS Recce Days costs do not include:
- Personal running kit and equipment
- Food/drink for participants
- Personal and travel insurance
- Car park/personal accommodation and travel costs (if applicable)