RAW Adventures offers the Expedition Skills Module - an option available to walking leaders and very applicable to the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Expedition section.
You will be trained and assessed to lead groups on multi-day camping expeditions – be they wild or valley based. The flexibility of the module makes it useful for Lowland Leaders, Hill and Moorland Leaders and Mountain Leaders in terrain and conditions within the scope of their respective leadership qualification.
Checklist for booking
- Check you are registered for the Expedition Skills Module with Mountain Training
- You have passed a walking qualification (Lowland Leader, Hill and Moorland Leader, Mountain Leader)
- You must have logged an absolute minimum of 10 overnight camps; ideally in a variety of contexts
- You must have assisted with at least two group camps (these can be included in your 10 personal camps)
- You must have a valid 16 hour First Aid certificate, relevant to your work as a walking leader in your chosen terrain
Training / Assessment
The Expedition Skills Module is a combined training and assessment course, typically lasting 2 days with at least one overnight camp in terrain appropriate to your award.
You will cover the following syllabus in a practical and engaging way:
- Food and cooking
- Planning and leadership
- Training and supervising expedition groups
|Course Duration||2 days|
|Terrain Areas||Snowdonia, North Wales (NW), South East England (SE) – other locations possible for bespoke group bookings|
|Course Dates||26 - 27 June 2021|
|Course Cost||£130.00 per person (1:6 ratio)|
We are also happy to run bespoke courses for groups at an agreed location. Please contact us to discuss further.