An element of identified risk is manageable. An elephant of risk is not!
RAW Adventures is passionate about promoting access to our outdoor spaces, uplands and wild places to young people and their families. We can help alleviate any concerns surrounding the well-being and safety of young people, as they enjoy their time outdoors and all the physical, health and emotional benefits this brings people.
And we can do this by sharing our process of training and development with you, increasing your understanding of our systems and procedures, as well as how we develop confidence and sound decision-making skills of the diverse groups we work with.
We firstly develop the skills of identifying risk and we can then take steps to manage it accordingly. We can assist in understanding the processes required to make sure you run your own outdoor activities in a logical and organised manner, increasing safety and enjoyment of participants.
We can provide a comprehensive service offering practical advice and support relating to the following principles of running outdoor activities:
- Understanding and formulating aims and objectives
- Conducting site visits and recces and what to look for
- Recording observations and written Risk Assessments
- Equipment selection, use, storage and maintenance records
- Working with young people and styles of training and supervision
- Thinking through and recording Emergency Procedure plans
- Appraising current paperwork or introducing new templates and procedures
- Any elements applicable to your particular organisation
Costs for the above consulting services are based on location, time input and group sizes – please contact us for a specific quote.
RAW Adventures also fully believe that a successful Expedition section programme relies on excellent training input from DofE Leaders and Supervisors...right from the start at Bronze level. We are keen to share ideas on how best to deliver training of the nine elements of the Expedition Training Framework with appropriate staff and we call this process, ‘Train the Trainers’.
These skills sessions are normally run over a weekend at a location to suit your staff team and will assist in developing confidence in the following areas:
- Identifying aims and objectives for skills sessions
- Preparation of session plans and hints on practical input
- Consolidation and improvement in personal skills for Leaders / Supervisors
Train the Trainer sessions are costed at a daily rate, split between staff numbers - maximum 6 per group
Contact our DofE Manager, Dan Lane – to discuss any queries.