Open and Bespoke Events
This is an ever popular and demanding challenge event which aims to summit Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon in one continuous effort.
Many groups want to make a ‘back-to-back’ ascent of the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales respectively and this has historically been made within a 24 hour period from start to finish. This requires careful planning, rigorous training and full commitment from all involved to meet the stamina and fitness requirements to ensure the best possible chance of success.
There are a few different itineraries that allow this to be possible and, through experience, we have found the following to be the most sustainable and successful.
This itinerary works on the basis that travel time will always be worked out at 10 hours (the average time taken). This means you have a tight 14 hours walking time to complete all 3 peaks:
Ben Nevis: 5hrs 30 mins
Scafell Pike: 4hrs 15 mins
Snowdon: 4hrs 15 mins
We are happy to discuss how we manage the timings of the event, to maximise success and enjoyment.
11:00 Pick up from Glasgow International Airport (or Chester early morning)
14:00 Shopping for event food and supplies in Fort William
15:00 Start Ben Nevis from Glen Nevis
21:00 Finish Ben Nevis and opportunity for hot drinks/food before 21:00
22:00 Depart Fort William for overnight drive and sleep (stop en route as required)
05:00 Start Scafell Pike from Wasdale Head
09:15 Breakfast options at Wasdale Head Inn
09:30 Drive to Snowdon
14:00 Start Snowdon
18:30 Finish Snowdon and complete challenge
Stay overnight in Snowdonia for dinner and to celebrate (included)
Journeys home after breakfast – well rested after a good night’s sleep
Why choose RAW Adventures?
RAW Adventures has experience in organising and delivering the 3 Peaks Challenge to its highest standard; safely and responsibly. Kate and Ross have completed the full 3 Peaks Challenge over 50 times between them. RAW Adventures have also supported and provided information to the Three Peaks Partnership – a collaborative information service from those who directly manage resources and land on Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon. Kate has also provided advice for the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) and their Challenge Events in the Hills guidance.
We will listen to your requirements and give you the best advice possible on how to organise your event – this may involve bespoke costings or timings, dependent on your needs.
As well as making sure your team stay safe and achieve success on Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon, we are committed to the following principles when running this event:
- Making sure clients are as informed as possible about the training and preparation involved in the 3 Peaks Challenge
- Matching client expectations with the reality of the classic event
- Giving advice on kit and equipment, food and drink, weather and mountain routes
- Placing experienced and local Mountain Leaders for each mountain
- Providing professionally organised and driven transport solutions
- Sourcing excellent and local accommodation and food where appropriate
- Being sensitive to local communities with our timings and group management
- Supporting tourism sustainability in each area we visit
- Promoting the use of reusable drinking bottles and negating the need for single use plastics bottles on our events
- RAW Adventures pledges to donate £3 per person split between the following conservation organisations:
Open Event Costs
£379 per person for a high quality package (minimum of 8 people to run)
- Pre-Event telephone support, Trip Notes and advice
- Event safety and risk assessment
- Qualified Mountain Leader/s per mountain
- Group safety equipment
- Transport pick up from Chester Train Station or Glasgow International Airport
- Transport throughout the challenge
- 1x night bed with breakfast at end of event
- 1x dinner at end of event
- Drop off back to Chester Train Station at end of event
- Professional Liability Insurance
Open 3 Peaks Challenge – 8-10 June 2018 FULLY BOOKED
Bespoke dates to suit you, based on the above minimum numbers/costs
We can also run the event over 3 days – to allow more climbing time for each mountain and longer rest periods to recover between each effort. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.