This is an ever popular and demanding challenge event which aims to summit Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon in one continuous effort. RAW Adventures has experience in organising and delivering the 3 Peaks Challenge to its highest standard; safely and responsibly. Kate and Ross have completed the full 3 Peaks Challenge over 50 times between them.
Many groups want to make a ‘back-to-back’ ascent of the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales respectively and this has historically been made within a 24 hour period from start to finish. This requires careful planning, rigorous training and full commitment from all involved to meet the stamina and fitness requirements to ensure the best possible chance of success.
We can also run the event over 3 days – to allow more climbing time for each mountain and longer rest periods to recover between each effort.
Usually a back-to-back event will start with a journey up to Scotland and an overnight stay, before embarking on the ascent of Ben Nevis. The time taken to summit each mountain is all down to the teams involved; their fitness, team work and luck with the weather!
The driving element is more standard (approximately 6.5 hours between Ben Nevis/Scafell Pike and 4.5 hours between Scafell Pike/Snowdon). Factor in time taken to prepare kit and equipment, change clothes and eat and drink on the move...and you have a real challenge on your hands to complete the event in the ‘24 hour’ period.
We are happy to discuss how we manage the timings of the event, to maximise success and enjoyment.
We will listen to your requirements and give you the best advice possible on how to organise your event – this may involve bespoke costings or timings, dependent on your needs.
As well as making sure your team stay safe and achieve success on Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon, we are committed to the following principles when running this event:
- Making sure clients are as informed as possible about the training and preparation involved in the 3 Peaks Challenge
- Matching client expectations with the reality of the classic event
- Placing experienced and local Mountain Leaders for each mountain
- Using an Event Organiser to work with the group throughout
- Providing safe and professional transport
- Sourcing excellent and local accommodation and food where appropriate
- Being sensitive to local communities with our timings and group management
- Supporting sustainability: we pledge to donate £3 per person split between the following conservation organisations (making us the only company dedicated to do so):
£379 per person for a standard package (minimum group of 10)
- 2 x Qualified Mountain Leaders
- 1 x night bed with breakfast
- 1 x event meal (lunch or dinner)
- Pre-Event Support
- 3 Peaks Itinerary Document
- Event Safety and Risk Assessment
- Group Safety Equipment
- Professional Liability Insurance
Open 3 Peaks Challenge – 8-10 June 2018 (£379 per person – min. 8 people)
Bespoke dates to suit you, based on the above minimum numbers/costs